Which side will come out on top?
I have a message for you today that has the potential to help you break through to your fitness goal. It’s something that I like to share with my most dedicated clients…
There’s a struggle happening in you between two very different sides.
One side of you wants to turn over a new leaf.
- To stop trashing your diet with processed foods and sugary treats.
- To wake up earlier.
- To make exercise a bigger priority.
- To eat healthier foods.
- To fill your diet with real, wholesome food.
- To drop the weight once and for all to feel confident and energized.
- To have friends and family notice your inspiring transformation.
- To be the best version of yourself.
Then there’s the other side…
The other side is content with your bad habits and doesn’t care about the consequences of daily indulgences.
It tells you to sleep in. It gives you permission to skip the gym. You’re too tired, it says, you’ll do it tomorrow. It tells you that healthy diets are boring and take too much time to prepare. It wants you to remain as you are, to fade into the background, and to resist change. It is afraid of you becoming the best version of yourself.
All day long struggles between these two sides are fought, won, and lost leaving you to wonder: Which side will come out on top?
The answer is obvious. The side that wins is the side that you give the most attention to. It’s the side that you identify with. It’s the side that you think is the most comfortable.
The struggle isn’t over unless you give up. So don’t give up! If your dark side has been winning lately then maybe it’s time for that to change.
Never give up on your fitness goals. Strive for it with laser-like focus, and call in for backup as you need it.
I’m here to help you win the struggle.
I believe in everyone's ability to succeed. EVERYONE! Will you prove me right? Or will you prove wrong?
Stop wasting time. Stop wasting your potential. Stop putting off being truly happy and confident. I believe in you. You can do this! Now...Go do it!
Remember to FEEL it!
Emotionally, that is.
If you can connect emotionally to your goal then your chances for success increase exponentially.
The idea of getting into shape is nice, but if you aren’t feeling the desire for change in your gut then it won’t go anywhere.
Feel it. Feel it. Feel it.
And then achieve it.
This dish is filled with tender cauliflower, nutrient-dense spinach, sweet pickled pimento peppers, and plump garbanzo beans all swimming in a creamy, dreamy curry sauce. With a flavor this deep and satisfying, you may forget that it's filled with all wholesome ingredients. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 5 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (13.66oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- ½ cup pickled sweet pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 8 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cauliflower florets and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, chicken broth, spinach, coconut milk, pimentos, lime juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Mix well and reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 185 calories, 8g fat, 17g carbohydrate, 4gg sugar, 169mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 8g protein.
Please Help Spread the Word!!! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
James Cipriani - CPT
- Master Level Personal Trainer
- Leader in the Fitness Industry for over 20 Years
- Over 30,000 Personal Training Sessions Completed
- Countless Success Stories, and
- YOUR Fitness and Nutrition Coach in Nashville, TN!
My Place or Yours!
Come to my facility located in the Music Row section of Nashville.
In-home Personal Training available in all of Nashville, Belle Meade, Brentwood, and Franklin.
Train with "One of the Best Trainers in America" - The National Fitness Hall of Fame.
Results begin with the Program, Me as Your Coach, & YOU!
Jim's Cutting Edge Exercise Success Guidelines...Are YOU Meeting Them?
If you're not meeting your weight loss goals, of course how you eat is one of the first fixes you should be looking at. BUT...one of the EASIEST things to change is your exercise variable.
Specifically...Frequency AND Consistency.
In a week, at a MINIMUM, EVERYONE should be getting in 4 Days combined of Resistance Training and/or Interval Cardio Work
That means, if you work with me...
1 x Week, you should be adding:
- 1 more Resistance Training day on your own plus 2 Interval Cardio Sessions. OR...
- 2 more Resistance Days on your own plus 1 Interval Cardio Sessions.
2 x Week, you should be adding:
- 2 Interval Cardio Sessions. OR...
- 1 More Resistance Training Day done on your own PLUS 1 Interval Cardio Day.
3 x Week, you should be adding:
- 1 Interval Cardio Day.
On top of this, as an added BONUS, EVERYONE would benefit from adding 1-2 Steady-State Cardio Sessions in a week.Go for a walk. A jog. Hop on a bike. Whatever you choose, just get moving at a steady pace and do it for 40-60 minutes. Of course, this will be depending on the time availability in your personal schedule AND your desire to get results.
Are you meeting the Cutting Edge Exercise Guidelines?